Saturday, August 29, 2015

First impressions of Huarong

I have been in my Huarong one week now. It's definitely been an adjustment from Orientation- where we were constantly in a big group, lived happily in our hotel rooms and had full schedules every day- to now living alone in an area where I am the only foreigner for miles. Huarong is an interesting city. It has a population of about 100 000 and is considered rural. There is construction everywhere and I cannot really explain to you the feeling of Huarong- other than it being a "rural city". A lot of the new buildings stand empty or are not fully completed- they won't have windows or doors, they are just empty shells. It seems like the city has many high hopes and then gets distracted before finishing one task. I often think things look post-apocalyptic. 
These next series of images are just of things I've seen walking down the streets of Huarong.





 Our walking street- nearly empty.









This series of images is all on the school campus:
My apartment- 3rd floor on the right! It's very big and nice.

The laboratory building of my school (also the tallest building- I can usually see it from a distance and use it as a reference point)

The fountain?

Another school building

As soon as you exit the gate

The street that leads to my school

Behind the school, still on campus

Behind the school, still on campus. There is a little hill that is a part of the campus and it's just a giant cemetery 

No comments:

Post a Comment