Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The arrival of spring

Lantern festival dinner with one of my student's family out in the countryside
Before the start of the new term, I had a few extra days to travel so I decided to make my way down to Anren, a small town in southern Hunan, to visit a friend. She is also the only foreigner in her town and I wanted to see how our placements compared. Anren was beautiful! Unfortunately it rained the entire time I was there, but I was still charmed by the many old buildings and cute little town.





Anren is also the home of some Herb King (I can't remember quite what Sonee said, but it had something to do with this "Chinese Thor" as Sonee has dubbed him, who tried over 1000 herbs and contributed a lot to Traditional Chinese Medicine)


Loved loved loved this temple


After Anren, I went north a bit to the big city Zhuzhou. Zhuzhou is possibly one of my favorite cities in Hunan- it's not as big and overwhelming as the capital city Changsha, but still offers everything and is clean and beautiful. Every time I visit Zhuzhou I absolutely love it. We also got lucky with the weather- beautiful warm sunshine! YAY SPRING

Water calligraphy

Kites kites kites






Stupid ferris wheel...
Blooming trees 
And to bring a beautiful day to an end, might as well paddle boat in the lake!
 Back in Huarong, new deliciously green veggies are hanging among drying clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment