Thursday, April 7, 2016

Zhangjiajie National Park/ Wulingyuan/ Zhangjiajie City

My second day it was raining, hard, when I woke up. I didn't want to spend another day in the clouds, so I asked the guy running the front desk at my hostel what he suggested. He recommended I go to the "Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon" (lolz) which was about 40 minutes away by bus and would cost a penny more, but I did it anyway, and it was so worth it. After the Chinese version of the Grand Canyon I went back to the national forest park and went up the famous elevator to look at some more white fog- still super cool.
Our stairs led down this crack
OH And HIGHLIGHT WAS SLIDING DOWN!!!!!! Oh man it was so fun I want to go back just for the slide


The Zjj Grand Canyon park is still being built up and isn't quite finished, so there was a lot of construction going on. 

It's already famous for this not yet completed suspension bridge... by this summer I'm sure it'll be done!


Ah, the fresh water <3









Let's build a walkway here! Oh no wait... maybe not.
Walking under waterfalls
The odd bluegreen color of the water





Might be my favorite caption so far






Raindrops






Back in the park






"Ugh I don't want to walk up this mountain.. why don't we have an elevator or something? Oh wait, this is China. We do have an elevator up this mountain."



Taking pics with the great background!


Natural Bridge






Apparently this is the great view




My last day I just made my way back to Zhangjiajie City and back to Huarong. It was cloudy and rainy, but still beautiful.
Last pic of Wulingyuan

Zhangjiajie City

Just taking a nap in the rain...
Billiards
<3 China


No comments:

Post a Comment