Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Xilamuren Grasslands and Kubuqi Desert, Inner Mongolia


Did a tour through Anda's Guesthouse in Hohhot- expensive but worth it in the end, I think. Unfortunately our group was really big and mostly a big group (11 people) of middle-aged Indonesians all traveling together who weren't the best to travel with but luckily I met two nice girls- American and German- and we stuck together throughout the trip. 
We stopped at a temple on the way to the Grasslands and check out that blue sky... I've been deprived for too long, I couldn't get over how blue it was

I love him







We stayed at a farming familys property and they had 4 little traditional yurts for us to use. They lived in a sweet little brick house (not this one pictures, this was a shed) but it was just a beautiful location and I hope they're making good money on us!
Our home for a night <3 
Delicious dinner.. basically Gulasch haha







Stone mounds to help for orientation
While the others went on a horseride, we went for a walk around the area and did some archery!


Motorcycles are used for EVERYTHING here. Pretty hilarious

I was no Katniss Everdeen, but I held my own.




Delicious dinner with Mongolian hotpot
looooooooooong shadows



There were 5 of us in the yurt, it was nice and cozy <3





































1 comment:

  1. wow - so different - love the housing - love the blue sky - dessert? did not expect that - love the laughing camel... what an experience!

    ReplyDelete