Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Changsha-Zhuzhou Weekend

I had Friday off so I decided to make my way to Changsha to celebrate sweet Emily's birthday. A bunch of volunteers reunited on the rooftop of Emily's apartment building and it was amazing to see everyone again! The best part of seeing everyone is always being able to speak English and actually be understood, AND complaining with everyone about the struggles we go through every day adjusting to our lives in China. It was a great time- we had box cake and beers, and then headed out for shao kao (chinese BBQ) at an ungodly hour.




DELICIOUS shao kao, truly.
Ps: of course Bev is smiling.
Saturday I headed out to Zhuzhou with some friends and most of the day was spent going from one bus station to the next, trying to figure out how I'd be getting back to Huarong the next day. Luckily, we could unwind that night and have some drinks at a korean bar- where the chef also kindly let us try a new dish for FREE. 
Love Love Love
Zhuzhou- a great city.

Monday morning I celebrated with my best class for winning Unit 1. We made a poster and took a class picture! YAY! They're so cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment