Saturday, December 19, 2015

GUESS WHO'S BACK

HURRAY! After the most painful months living a camera-less existence, my camera has now been repaired- for FREE might I add- thanks to my amazing boss. I was able to pick it up in Changsha on Tuesday and managed to slip in a quick visit with friends while there. My perception of Changsha has changed a lot over the past few months- now whenever I go to visit the buildings are incredibly tall and modern, the people of Changsha are SO stylish, and the city itself seems SO hip. It's always a breath of (very-polluted) fresh air after having spent most of my time in Huarong, my town.

FIRST PIC- right after Sirina handed me my newly repaired camera and I had a little dramatic reunion with my camera, kissing all of its corners, jumping up and down and nearly crying tears of joy. Sirina felt like she had to explain to the lady in Seven Tea's (our old orientation hangout) what was happening. It was a good moment.

Bach's Bakery- the hidden gem of Changsha, owned by Uwe, a German baker, who has lived in Changsha with his wife for more than 7 years (I think?) 


BOFO, my favourite skyscraper probably in the world, has opened a new mall which is OF COURSE THE COOLEST THING EVER BECAUSE BOFO NEVER DISAPPOINTS 

It's got random mannequin deco... 
...cage deco... 
...a WHOLE BLACKBOARD ROOM...


...urban garden for the kids...
...WHICH INCLUDES PIGS!!!!...
... and tons of cute restaurants and shops! GO BOFO GO!!!!
Dinner at the Northern with the Changjun Middle School peeps
Changjun Middle School- a very fancy middle school in the suburbs of Changsha



such fancy kids! Recitals during lunch break... 

End of my trip in Changsha. The bus I have to take back to my town is in a less modern part of the city and near "Eeasteen Palis" <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment