Monday, September 7, 2015

Not bad for a 3 dollar hair cut...

After my hair was finally long enough that I couldn't stand it one more day, I decided I take the risk and go to the hair dresser that was nearest our school. A man and a woman own it and both jumped up as soon as I walked in. They quickly rushed to turn the AC on and closed the doors of the shop to keep the cool air in. I showed her the picture of how I wanted my hair and she nodded and gestured for me to lie down so I could have my hair washed. While she was scrubbing away at my hair and shampooing it not once, but twice, her husband turned the TV channel to the English news channel, even though I couldn't see the TV from where I was. The woman proceeded to spend an hour snipping away at my hair - most of it was spent in silence, but they were extremely friendly. The man sat behind us and watched her cut my hair the entire time. Finally, she was done. She gestured for me to lay down again and have my hair rinsed one more time. I declined having her blow-dry it (this took about 5 minutes of me trying to convince her that I really did not want to have my hair blowdried), I paid my 20 kuai (~3 dollars) and I left feeling fresh and free like I always do after haircuts. And hey, it's not a bad haircut at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment