Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Yueyang

Yueyang is the closest big city to Huarong- about 1 1/2 hours by car or bus. I explored it just a little bit for one Sunday- and am excited to get to know the city better throughout the year. 


Not proud to admit I shopped at Walmart to get some western food... 
China Walmart

Just your usual Oreo selection




My groceries: Reese's <3, BUTTER, olive oil, cheese (which tastes nothing like cheese :( ) and a coke. I mean, what else do you need in life? 
Yueyang is known for it's lake: Dongting Lake 




The famous Yueyang tower


BLUE SKY! Blue skies in China are so rare I still can't believe I experienced this.


The whole tower is made out of wood. Everything has so much detail it's beautiful. 
I think this is the famous poem written about Dongting Lake

Dongting lake

The blue sky is only right above our heads... Where is the horizon?






Dumbo?
BLUE <3


Dongting Lake
The nice family who had me for both lunch and dinner during Mid-Autumn Festival


1 comment: